Education for Health Care Providers
Education is provided by experienced Palliative Care Clinicians and Educators, who can provide a range of flexible education options to meet your needs.
Our education services link to relevant accreditation standards to meet your funding requirements. One hour of training equals one CPD Point for RNs.
Education can take the form of sessions (minimum of one hour with a choice of topics) or ‘Introduction to Palliative Care Courses’ for registered nurses (Division 1 and 2) and Personal Care Attendants. These can be offered on-site at Eastern Palliative Care, Mitcham, Victoria or at your facility.
- The Principles of Palliative Care and the Palliative Approach to care. Includes recognising signs of deterioration, palliative care & dementia and holistic care.
- Syringe Drivers
- Symptom Management in Palliative Care*
- Nausea and vomiting
- Constipation/bowel obstruction
- Nutrition and hydration
- Pain Assessment and Management*
- The Dying Process and End of Life Care* - Includes management of agitation & restlessness and respiratory secretions.
*Are delivered tailored to either PCA or RN audience. Detailed Medication Management included for RN’s.
The following topics can also be delivered.
- Dementia and Dying
- Advance Care Planning
- Grief, Loss and Bereavement
- Communication in Palliative Care
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 130 813. Or
Introduction To Palliative Care & Palliative Approach For Personal Care Attendants
One day workshop
- PCA Course 1: Wednesday 27th April 2022, 8:45am - 4:30pm
- PCA Course 2: Wednesday 21st September 2022, 8:45am - 4:30pm
Introduction To Palliative Care For Registered Nurses (Div 1 & 2)
Two day course
With the option of additional day on the road with a nurse.
- RN Course 1: Thursday May 5th, 12th and 19th 2022, 8:45am - 5:00pm
- RN Course 2: Wednesday October 5th, 12th and 19th 2022, 8:45am - 5:00pm
NOTE: These courses explore the comprehensive needs of people at the end of life and their families, giving an overview of some common issues that confront clients, carers and health professionals. All courses are run at Eastern Palliative Care, 630 Mitcham Road, Mitcham
Community Speaker Program
Eastern Palliative Care (EPC) Ambassadors help bring awareness of home-based community palliative care through our Community Speaker Program.
EPC Ambassadors are trained volunteer speakers who are experts in palliative care and all that is involved with being taken care of at home.
Our Ambassadors provide free presentations to community groups, workplaces, friend groups and organisations that go anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour. Our friendly ambassadors can tailor their presentation to your needs, and are happy to answer questions at the end. All attendees will receive a free EPC information pack.Request a Speaker
Training Room & Meeting Room Hire
Our EPC Training and Meeting Rooms are perfect for hosting a variety of corporate, commercial and community events.
Our rooms are suitable for your next conference, seminar, AGM, training session or business meeting.Download a Training & Meeting Room Hire Brochure Learn More About our Rooms for Hire