When things are changing (deteriorating)
The help that someone needs changes as their body weakens. Sometimes this occurs over time however it could be a sudden or fast change. Tell our EPC staff or call EPC to visit if:
- Someone is sleeping more than they have been or are not waking up
- If the person is having trouble walking, had a fall or is unsafe in some way
- If they are eating and drinking less or have stopped eating and drinking
- If things seem to be quickly changing
- If you need help to provide care.
EPC Occupational Therapists may be involved if a person has fallen or has special equipment needs such as bed stick, transporting or lifting machine.
There is common equipment that can be used such as a shower stool, wheeled walker and a bedside commode.
While EPC visits are free, there will be costs for equipment delivery and hire.