EPC takes child safety seriously.
Palliative Care services provided to children are delivered to the same high standards as all other clients. EPC has additional measures in place to ensure a child safe culture is embedded within the organisation.
All staff have a current Police Check and all clinical staff have a Working with Children Check.
The Victorian Child Safe Standards are:
- Organisations must establish a culturally safe environment in which the diverse and unique identities and experiences of Aboriginal children and young people are respected and valued
- Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in an organisation's leadership, governance and culture
- Children and young people are empowered about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing
- Equity is upheld and the diverse needs of children and young people are respected in policy and practice
- People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice
- Processes for complaints and concerns within the organisation are child focused
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed
- The implementation of the Child Safe Standards within the organisation is regularly reviewed and improved
- The organisation's policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people