Introduction To Palliative Care For PCAs
Introduction To Palliative Care & Palliative Approach For Personal Care Attendants
This course provides Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) working in aged care facilities, disability or other community care providers, with an introduction to palliative care.
It explores the comprehensive needs of people at the end of life and their families, and gives an overview of some common issues that confront clients and carers on a day-to-day basis.
The course incorporates guidelines for a palliative approach to care.
Topics include the following
- Aims and Philosophy of Palliative Care/Palliative Approach
- Advance Care Planning
- Common Palliative Care Symptoms
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bowel and urinary symptoms
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Grief and Loss
- Communication Skills
- Dying Process and End of Life Care
Upcoming dates for 2022
- PCA Course 1: Wednesday 27th April 2022, 8:45am - 4:30pm
- PCA Course 2: Wednesday 21st September 2022, 8:45am - 4:30pm
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 130 813.Download the Brochure for this Course