In Lieu Of Flowers
In Lieu Of Flowers Requests
As a not-for profit organisation, EPC appreciates all donations as a result of an ‘in lieu of flowers’ request. If you're considering arranging an ‘in lieu of flowers’ funeral or memorial giving, your funeral director should be able to guide you through this process.
Or you can read our further information below to guide you.
WAYS PEOPLE CAN DONATE TO EPC (IN HONOUR OF YOUR LOVED ONE)
• Complete a donation envelope at your memorial service. (or download a donation form Here) and return via:
Mail to EPC, PO Box 2110, Rangeview, 3132
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
SMS a photo of the completed form to 0404 912 875
• Donate online at www.epc.asn.au
• Donate to an online memorial page (you can create one using CrowdRaiser via EPC’s online donation page)
• Donate over the phone on 1300 130 813
• Donate in person at Level 1, Building 2, 630 Mitcham Rd, Mitcham.
SUGGESTED STEPS FOR ARRANGING 'IN LIEU OF FLOWERS'
Sharing this request before the memorial takes the pressure off guests at the service. They don’t have to remember to take or fill in a donation envelope at the venue as they can simply do it online. This also provides a way for people to express their condolences to the family when socially distant.
1. Let your funeral director know that you would like to arrange donations to EPC in lieu of flowers. Most funeral homes that operate in the area EPC services will already have a supply of our donation envelopes they can bring to the service.
2. Consider setting up a personal fundraising memorial page in honour of your loved one. This is easy to do and is easy to share with friends. You can do this via our online donation page.
Visit www.epc.asn.au and click on the ‘Donate now’ button. Then click on the ‘Create CrowdRaiser’ button.
3. If you would like personalised memorial artwork below for your use within social media or email simply contact email@example.com
4. State in the funeral notice that the family would like donations to Eastern Palliative Care in lieu of flowers. Your funeral director will help with the wording. Consider printing EPC’s website address in the funeral notice - www.epc.asn.au
5. Consider using our memorial logo in your service booklet. For a copy simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Consider placing the request in the service booklet. Some suggested words are:
The family asks you to consider making a donation to Eastern Palliative Care (EPC) in honour of XX in lieu of flowers. You can collect a reply paid donation envelope from (XXX Church) and insert it into the box (where located) or post it to EPC. You can also donate online at www.epc.asn.au Please acknowledge XX’s name as the reason for your donation. EPC will inform the family of the names of those who honoured XX in this way.
7. Ensure any livestream broadcast includes this information
8. Ask the appropriate person to remind guests during the service.
9. Ensure your Funeral Director has EPC Donation Envelopes at the service and that guests are clearly told they are there with clear instructions on where to find them.
10. If the family are given any completed donation envelopes at the service please deliver them by hand to our office in Mitcham unopened. We will send a receipt and thank you letter to each donor for the amount they have gifted.
Around a month after the service we will send the family a letter informing them of the names of those that donated and the final amount. We will not state individual amounts received. We provide the total combined figure from payments made via our website and donation envelopes.
If you’d like to discuss this further please contact: email@example.com or phone 1300 130 813.
Thank you for your generous consideration of EPC at this difficult time.
EPC is registered as a not-for-profit organisation on Facebook. We can be selected as the receiving charity if you add a donate button to your facebook post or organise a personal fundraising event. Asking friends to donate in lieu of birthday presents is a popular choice.